Saturday, July 19, 2008

My MP3 player works again.

Whoop!
My MP3 player (A Sansa c240 that I got from Woot) is back in operation.

A couple of weeks back, I went in and deleted some stuff off the player and accidentally ended up deleting something that I probably shouldn't have. It turned my player into almost a brick. Out of the ~80 tracks that I had on it, it could only see 30 seconds of one track. Over the course of the last weeks, I tried poking it and restarting it and reformatting it, to no avail.

So this morning, I decided to go for the heavy action. A couple of hours of looking around the web, led to re-flashing the device (install new firmware on top of the old one) thrice (yup, not once, but thrice), multiple formatting sessions in the middle of all this, and countless reboots later it works!

Back to regular operation as usual. I can once again drag and drop music onto it from my desktop and not have to use custom software to get into the device! :)

Being a geek can be useful.

------

Thank you! to the folks from the following places:

The people on the forums at "Anything But iPod" : http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/

The people on the forums of Rockbox : http://forums.rockbox.org/

People on the forums of SanDisk : http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=c200

2 comments:

Mohan said...

U should also get the ipod???

Suneil said...

Nope. That series does not allow me to drag and drop, I have to use their custom software which I don't like. Plus, it doesn't work on Linux.