Monday, January 30, 2012

Good customer service: Suddenlink

Company: Suddenlink, TX
Product: Internet (Cable)
Customer reps: Multiple.

Called Suddenlink to get my internet connection restored at home since
the existing one went with my roommate. Took three calls, but overall a
very pleasant experience.

Call-1: Jessica: Explained to her that I needed a new connection at home
- but we already have everything hooked up. She understood right away
that they didn't have to send a rep out to disconnect (roommate's named
connection being transferred out) and immediately reconnect.
Unfortunately the call dropped.. Jessica, if you read this: I tried to
have them connect me back to you, but they wouldn't?

Call-2: Kayli: Explained everything I had said to Jessica. Took some
back and forth before she agreed that they didn't need to send out a
technician because everything was already setup. (She placed me on hold
for a bit, so perhaps she did indeed talk to Jessica). Once that
happened, the rest was straightforward. Gave her my info, told her the
plan I wanted setup. She waived the installation fee because they didn't
need to send out a tech (Thank you!) Told me to wait 10 minutes and
reboot modem and call them back if I couldn't get back on line. This
call took maybe 15 minutes.

Call-3:Daniel: Like Kayli mentioned, I wasn't able to get back online.
So called their tech support. Daniel said that it was because the modem
was not registered. Asked me for some details (MAC id etc), punched it
in, transferred the existing equipment into my name and remotely
rebooted it. Problem solved and I was online!. This call took about 15
minutes.

So in all, 30 minutes to have the connection go live. Albeit, it was
faster because they didn't have to send out a tech to manually pull/push
a connector to places. I was happy with the customer service folks. So
good job Suddenlink!

Suddenlink - your pricing tiers for no-contract cable internet service
is a bit strange, but that's a post for another day.

No comments: